What We Believe
1. The Bible: We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. It tells us of God’s covenant (contract) with mankind. All doctrine and correction within the church are established and carried out by the Bible. 2 Timothy 3:16, 1Thessalonians 2:13
2. Love: We believe that love is the most important attribute of the Christian faith. We love those who oppose us as well as one another. Love is the character of God, and is more important than any gift, sign, or miracle in the Christian life. 1 Corinthians 13, 1 John 4:7-12, Mark 12:28-31
3. Salvation: We believe that you receive eternal life by believing that Jesus Christ died, shed His blood on your behalf, and rose again from the dead. You affirm your faith in this fact by praying to our Father God in Jesus’ name, and pledging to serve Jesus Christ as Lord and King of your life. God’s salvation extends to all the human race regardless of skin color or nationality. John 3:16, Romans 10:8-10, Eph 2:8
4. Faith Is Expressed with Action: We believe that proclaimed faith in Christ without a corresponding, Christian lifestyle is futile and self-deceptive. True faith in Christ must be professed in word and demonstrated in act. When you are born again you immediately begin to put off the old life and put on the new day by day. James 2:14-26, Matthew 7:13-27, Romans 12:2; 6:1-23, Eph 5:1-16, 2 Peter 1:4-10
5. Water Baptism: We believe in water baptism by immersion. Water baptism is an outward expression of the inward work that took place in your heart when you were born again. Being buried in water symbolizes your dying to your old life and coming up out of the water symbolizes being born again to live a new Christian life. Matthew 3:13-17, Acts 2:38; 8:35-38
6. Holy Spirit Baptism: We believe that Baptism in the Holy Spirit is for every Christian today. Christians were baptized in water and the Holy Spirit in the Bible. If water baptism is still for today, then Holy Spirit baptism is still for today. Those filled with the Holy Spirit in the Bible spoke with other tongues. A person who is baptized with the Holy Spirit today will speak with other tongues. This experience is received subsequent to salvation. Matthew 3:11, Acts 1:4-8; 2:1-18
7. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: We believe that the gifts of the Spirit are supernatural endowments of God to bring blessing and revelation to the church. These gifts are accompanied with miracles, signs, and wonders. Each Spirit-filled believer can experience these gifts in their life. 1 Corinthians 12:1-11
8. Divine Healing: We believe that God provided divine healing and health in the atoning work of Christ. Sickness is not from God but it came into the earth through man’s disobedience to God. Satan is the author of all sickness and death. Jesus came to free the human race from sickness and give us eternal life. Laying on of hands, anointing with oil, and the gifts of the Spirit are ways divine healing is administered in the church. Is. 53:4-5, Matt. 8:16-17, 1 Peter 2:24, Acts 10:38, Luke 13:10-16, Gen. 3:1-24
9. The Confession of God’s Word: We believe that the confession of God’s Word is an integral part of Christianity. The confession of God’s Word is not to make God do anything for you. All things of God already belong to the Christian, but you must obtain them by faith. The purpose of confession is to get you in faith and keep you in faith until the manifestation comes. Confession is for your benefit not God's. Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:23; 5:25-34, Hebrew 11:3, Romans 10:17, 2 Corinthians 1:20
10. The Trinity of the Godhead: We believe that God is one but manifested in three persons. The Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit, with all being co-equal. Matthew 3:16-17, John 14:7-11, Philippians 2:6, Revelation 5:1-14
11. The Return of Jesus Christ for the Saints: We believe that Jesus will return for His Glorious Church and find it without spot or wrinkle. Eph. 5:27
12. Forgiveness of Sin for Christians: We believe as this verse says, Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation. 2 Cor. 5:17-19
To bring people into a personal, intimate knowledge, experience and communion with their Heavenly Father through the corporate anointing by the Word and Glory of God.
To give time in our church services for the Lord to manifest His Presence and Glory to change people’s lives.
To build a Center to reach out to all generations so they can experience our Heavenly Father’s love and delivering power.
To preach and teach the Word of God with demonstrations of the Spirit.
To allow the corporate giftings of the Body to operate in purity.
To support missionary endeavors around the world who are preaching the Gospel with Power.
Our Pastors, Gary and Kris Taylor, were born again in June of 1979, and filled with the Spirit at a Full Gospel Businessmen’s Fellowship International convention in Oakland, California in March of 1980. One day, while praying and walking in the fields south of their home town of Willows, California, the Lord spoke and led them to attend Kenneth Hagin’s Bible School.
They moved to Tulsa, Oklahoma and attended Rhema Bible Training Center founded by Kenneth E. Hagin, in August of that same year. Through prayer, the Lord instructed them to come back to Willows. They returned in December of 1982. During that time Pastor Gary and Kris were asked to lead various home bible studies and work with a church in Redding, CA. At one particular home bible study in Willows, led by Anita Allen-Wiest and her family, the Lord spoke to them and said that He would send them a Pastor. Pastor Gary and Kris became involved with this Group in the Fall of 1983. After ministering together with the leaders, it became apparent the Lord had put them together for a reason. In the Fall of 1984, Ark Christian Center was founded.
For the past 30 years, they have worked closely in ministry with Anita who is the Vice President of the Board of Trustees. After meeting in various homes and buildings The Ark is now located in Downtown Willows, California.